its all make believe, isnt it?

Monday, August 2, 2010

first time blogger.

So, i've never blogged before, but a few friends told me it might be something i'd enjoy. So here goes. My name is Kaciilee (kay-see-lee) I'm 20 and I live in Sydney Australia. I know im not the most interesting person in the world, but i didnt start this blog to make friends.

My rant today is about books turned into movies. Why? Because im so sick of reading a good book, then  it being made into a movie and being destroyed. Take 'Harry Potter' as example one. The books are amazing, JK Rowling created a brilliant world with with magic and wonder, and put in amazing detail. Then we see the movies. And i wonder if theyre even the same story. The first movie was ok, by far the closest to the books, but its all down hill from there. Anyone whos read the books knows what im talking about. 'Half Blood Prince' just sends it over the edge, i mean, i thought 'Order of the Pheonix' was bad. The movie leaves out important story line parts and invents all new scenes that dont make sense, (the weasleys house being burnt down). And they skipped dumbledores funeral. That pissed me off. The director was quoted saying 'He just didnt think the funeral would go with the theme of the movie'. Its a big scene in the book, Harry breaks up with Ginny and its decided that Ron and Hermione will go on this 'quest' with him. I dont know about the rest of you Harry Potter fans, but to me the movies are a big dissapointment. But then you get the people who haven't read the books, my boyfriend being one of them. Now he loves the movies, especially 'The Half Blood Prince'. Iv'e tried to convince him to read the books but he refuses saying the movies are good enough. These people annoy me. How can you claim to be a fan of Harry Potter just because you like the movies, it almost a completely different story. I'll have more on this after the 7th movies come out. And we'll see if they manage too salvage it.

My second example is 'The Vampire Diaries. Now this became a tv show, and its terrible. The storyline is completely different from the books. The first and most obvious difference is Elena is brunette where in the books she is blonde. Another is Merediths absence, I like Merediths character in the books, shes the level headed one who always knows what to do. Also Bonnie, shes not the naive redhead you love in the books, shes a stubborn and selfish bitch who abandons Elena. This show is literally a completely different story, the only likeness to the books is the character names. Even the place they live is different. Theyre supposed to live in 'Fells Church', but instead its 'Mystic Falls'. Fail. I will admit, that i watched the first season and thats how i know so much. And i might really like the show if i could get past the fact they say its supposed to be an adaption of one of my favourite book series.

Well thats all i have to say for today. I'll blog again soon. In the meantime, I'd love to hear your feedback on my first ever blog.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment